Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Mattituck Wine Tour!

Yipppeee! I visited a winery this past weekend in Long Island at a city named "Mattituck." In 43 BC, a man by the name of Mattituck roamed what we now know as Long Island. He found an area full of bountiful crops and grass and decided to name this newly discovered place "Mattituck." Just a bit of history for the uncultured....

So I visited the Harbes Winery...and to my pleasant surprise, not only did it have wine, it also doubled as an organic farm, filled with fresh vegetables, corn, apple cider donuts....the works!!!! Here are some pictures from the trip:

 * my girlfriend is frolicking towards the wine tasting area

 * what we thought was the wine tasting place. this "barn" was actually a deception; the real wine tasting area was behind the building! duuh!

 * freshly baked pies! and freshly made jams! and freshly made hot sauces....what wasn't freshly made at this place?

 * my girlfriend :)

 * attractive. my girl's actually a very ecstatic farmer.

 * this is an organic sangria. what makes it organic? the fresh ingredients used to make it. honestly, it was the most delicious sangria i've ever had!

 * my girlfriend is a photo hog!

 * meet blazer, the pony! he/she (i don't know what gender blazer was). he really liked me in that he bit my pink brooks brothers shorts! and this was after reading the sign that says "beware of biting!"


Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures of wines in my excitement...but if anybody's severely disappointed, I have the perfect solution for you. Just google "Wines" into your search, and you'll be gifted with 1029334108234 pictures of wines! 

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment