Friday, May 31, 2013

Mother's Day

So, here are some of the pictures I took for Mother's Day...about almost a month afterwards! Oops.

Unfortunately, I was not able to celebrate with my actually mother for Mother's Day, seeing as I'm in New York, and she's in the greatest state in America, Texas. Therefore, I spent the day with my "other" mom, Mama Lau. What did we do? We hung out in Long Island, hanging out in discount stores.....but not really. Actually, we just had a nice day hanging out at the Lau household. Angela and her baby bro, Brian, made omelettes and tater tots for brunch. They were delicious. Good job Angela!

For dinner, we went to an Italian restaurant, La Piazza. I was shocked....because it was the first time I went out to dinner with the Lau family, and we didn't travel to a Chinese restaurant. Yet, no matter where they take me out to dinner, the food will always be delicious. La Piazza certainly didn't disappoint!

1)  Appetizer: spicy calamari.

Brian and I shared this dish. Apparently, Angela's family is not too fond of calamari, save for him. I'm glad they weren't calamari fans. This dish was amazing! Super spicy and garlicy. :)



2) My dish: seafood pasta. This choice was inspired by my dad. Everytime we go to an Italian restaurant, he orders this pasta. The seafood consists clams, mussels, and shrimp! It was in a spicy marinara sauce. Yummy!

* how can you tell if a dish is going to be good? It must have some green garnish on it. 

3) The perfect bite! 
* it has TWO garlic cloves. not just one...but TWO! the happiness and radiance that was eminating from my body could be felt by the people living in China. I was that happy! 

So there you have it, the Italian Mother's Day celebration. Unexpected, but still delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment