Sunday, October 20, 2013

Telepan

Yesterday, my Uncle and Aunt came to visit Manhattan to view an opera. They're from Boston, so the trip wasn't too bad for them. It was great seeing them because my Uncle recently had a horrible biking accident, so seeing him in better health was heartwarming.

Not only did I see my Uncle and Aunt, but I also met the rest of their relatives that live in New York; it was nice to meet my other distant relatives. They are all very artsy and opera connoisseurs, so I tried to act as if I knew all the various operas there are. I think I succeeded, since nobody asked me if I was bluffing haha.

So we went to a restaurant on the UPPER WEST SIDE called Telepan. I was elated to find out that that was where the restaurant was located. No more traveling to the lower east side...or just the east side in general. This restaurant was very nice....when I first entered the restaurant, the light was dimmed, a sure tell sign indicating that this restaurant is high class. I wasn't expecting the place to be soo upscale; the restaurant was located in a residential area, and every residential restaurant typically is not fancy. Well, Telepan was that rare exception that served an amuse-bouche before our entrees. Like I said, it's a nice swanky restaurant.

1) This was the Amuse Bouche. It was some sort of creamy pumpkin soup with delicious bacon bits in it. I don't normally like a creamy soup, and I don't normally like pumpkin. However, this dish was very delicious. I also enjoyed the nifty little cup that held the soup; it's shaped like an espresso cup, but a little taller. I was very tempted to take it home with me.


2) This was my entree: it was called Heritage pork. Why? I'm not quite sure. What exactly does "heritage" imply? Well, based on last night's meal, I believe it's four different types of pork: crispy bacon, pork belly, pork chop, and pork loin. It was super delicious. They also had one pork rind on the top of the meat. I don't know how that relates to the dish, but I wasn't complaining. But yeah, this dish was VERY DELICIOUS. I'm glad I ordered it! 

I was very pleased with this restaurant. It had nice ambiance, great food, and when you mix all that with great company, you just have an overall good time. I will definitely be frequenting this place in the future!

Au revoir, mon frere's  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment