Friday, November 22, 2013

New York Rangers game with the girlfriend!

This past Sunday, Angela and I went to a New York Rangers game, courtesy of her baby bro, Brian. Holy crap those were some nice seats that he bought us...it wasn't too close to the eyes where you have to crane your neck to see the action, while it wasn't too far from the ice where you could barely see anything. We were the perfect distance from the ice...and to make things even better, we were seated right at mid ice!  It was her first time seeing a Rangers game live at MSG, and I was happy that I could be there to witness history in the making!

To start the night off, we went to Koreatown for some dinner. It'd been a while since we had eaten any Korean food, so what better than to eat some seafood pancakes and then catch a hockey game? We ended up eating at a restaurant called Korea Spoon. Turns out, I had actually blogged about this restaurant in a previous post, but Angela had never been there, so I happily ate there with her! If you recall, it's the "upscale" Korean restaurant; in other words, the venue places a premium on its decor as well as its food! Yaaay! But seriously, this place is crazy good. Don't believe me? Just check out the pics:

1) The normal array of "free Korean bites"

2) I ordered a very hard to pronounce Korean dish. In essence, it's Bulgogi noodle soup, complete with peppers and onions! This dish was very delicious...however, it was a fairly small portion. :( the waiter lied to me. He said it was good portion for one person...more like a half a person. Neverthless, I was happy with my selection.

3) Angela ordered her usual: Budae Jigae. In english, it means "booty stew." Just kidding! I don't actually know what it means, but I always make that same joke because I believe that the word "Budae" sounds like "booty." Just me and my immature mind at work. I actually wish I ordered that dish because her portion was more fit for a single diner. Luckily for me, she couldn't finish everything, so I helped her finish her dish...at her request of course. I didn't just chow away at her food without her permission! 

As I mentioned already, Angela and I had a game to catch! The Rangers were playing the Los Angeles Kings. Originally, I was a little sad because the Kings' starting goaltender, Jonathan Quick, was injured and wouldn't be playing in the game. He's on my fantasy team, so that was a huge blow for me. However, I realized that the Kings' backup goaltender, who WAS playing in that game, was former Cornell standout goaltender, Ben Scrivens. So yay, Cornell pride! I kept cheering for him whenever he made a save, much to Angela's chagrin. In my defense, my cheering stopped in the third period. The Rangers were down 1-0, and I really wanted the game to go into a shootout. Alas, the hockey gods weren't with us...the Kings beat the Rangers 1-0...Scrivens go the shutout, yet it didn't feel like the cause for a celebration...oh well, there's always the next meeting between the two teams. Vengeance will be had!

1) Our seats! Look at how perfect they are! And we're right at mid ice!


2) This is my current lover, Henrik Lundqvist...aka the King...aka the best dressed man in the NHL...aka best goaltender in the world...by far! 
 * look at how flexible Sir Lundqvist is.... ;)

3) My former lover, Ben Scrivens. He's not as flexible as Henrik Lundqvist...
 * but he does have a big butt

4) Faceoff! Nothing special here

5) Two La Kings players in the box. Too bad the Rangers couldn't score on the 5-3 powerplay. So embarrassing!


6) Setting up for a glorious opportunity...only to see it fail. Miserably! Get it together Rangers!

7) Happy girl at her first hockey game at MSG (Madison Square garden for the unititated)

It was a great night of eating, watching hockey, and spending time with Angela. Unfortunately, the Rangers lost. The next time Angela and I watch a Rangers game at MSG, I will make sure they play a basement team, such as the Columbus Blue Jackets. They are a joke of a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment