Monday, April 7, 2014

It's been a while

Holy crap! I was looking at the date of my previous post, and it's been over two months since I've last updated my blog! I'm sorry for the wait...it's been a busy start to the year for me. Plus, I'm not gonna lie, I kinda forgot I had this blog. Oops. But anyways, I was out in Long Island a few weekends ago visiting my girlfriend, and her cousin from China was visiting. Anyways, long story short, the entire Lau clan, myself included, went out to "Congee village" in Chinatown and had ourselves a feast! It's been a while since I've had some delicious Chinese food, so this was a welcome treat!

1) First dish was a cold crab! We arrived at least 15 minutes before anybody else showed up, yet the waitress brought out this dish immediately upon our arrival. It was kinda awkward, because I wanted to eat it, but since I have manners, I waited for the rest of our party to arrive. This crab just kept staring at me. It was creepy.


2) This is the Congee Village's signature dish: Tofu in "delicious sauce." I don't actually know what the actual translation of the dish is, but in essence, this is basically fried tofu with a delicious soy sauce-based sauce...complete with scallions :). My favorite! I only had one piece of tofu, which made me quite sad.

3) This is the same tofu dish. I just enjoyed it soo much, I thought it deserved another photo in my post.

4) This was the soup we ordered. Dinner with the Laus is not complete without a nice hot bowl of soup! This soup was ripe with ginseng, so it was super bitter. I'm not a fan of that bitter taste, but I loved this soup. It was sooo good. Plus, it had a lot of my favorite vegetables in it. All in all, it was a great dish to have on a cold day.

 5) Oops. I forgot to take a picture of this dish, but it was pork chops. I guess the best way to describe it is "salt and pepper" pork chops. But as you can tell from the picture, everybody loved the dish, as there were only two pieces left when it made its way to my direction.

So yeah, apologies for not posting sooner, but hopefully this'll make up for it. I'm going to try to update this more frequently, so stay tuned for more exciting posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment