Thursday, September 20, 2012

Don't know what to call this

This past weekend...September 15 and 16th to be exact...was spent eating out. How come? Because Angela (my girlfriend) came to visit me, and I wanted treat her to a nice weekend of eating out. So where did I take her?

MCDONALD'S!!!!

Ok, that was a joke, but we did eat out this past weekend...

Saturday
To preface this, Angela really wanted to check out the sweet lunch deal from Sura Thai Restaurant. For those of ya'll who don't remember what it is, read my other post. I'm not going to repeat myself -___-.  ( <------ that's my favorite face! ) Well, we spent the rest of the day checking out Union Square, which is technically in the center of Manhattan. After walking for a while and spending a good chunk of our time in Barnes and Nobe (because we bend the rules like that), we decided to check out a very popular Japanese restaurant: Ippudo! And yes, I did post about this restaurant earlier...so if you don't recall what type of food it serves, check it out as well.

Now, unfortunately, the line was ridiculously long at Ippudo, so we decided to check out a neighborhood restaurant. Wanna venture a guess as to what kind of restaurant it was???

Answer: THAI!!!!

Yep, that's right; Angela and I overdosed on Thai food on Saturday. However, despite having just eaten the cuisine, both Angela and I really enjoyed our dinner selections. We ventured away from our usual order (spicy basil fried rice with chicken) and both got noodles!
* Angela's dish: the "drunk man's" special. I don't know why it's called that, but it was delicious. And it was served in a silver bowl, so you know it's made with real skills.

* my dish: the "fisherman's noodle bowl" special. It contains a lot of calamari, shrimp, bak choy, spicy sweet sauce, and my favorite, GARLIC! I don't know if this is what fishermen eat, but if it is, I want to become a fisherman! IT WAS THAT DELICIOUS! :P


So after dinner, Angela and I went to a Bubble tea place for dessert. I had heard about this from my coworker, so I wanted to give it a shot! The place was super clean and "upscale," which means it was built with the idea of people sitting around and chatting. It was called "St. Alp's Tea house." I have no idea what they were thinking when they named this place.
 * My drink: Milk green tea. Simple, frothy, delicious.
* Angela's drink: Matcha milk green tea w/ green tea jelly. Basically, this was a green tea special. For those of ya'll who don't know, matcha is a green tea power used in baking, to give desserts a "green tea" taste. It was delicious...but powdery. Still worth a try. Obviously, Angela is more adventurous than I am!

Sunday 
I like to call this day "Lazy Sunday." In other words, it's a wake up and do nothing type of day haha. However, I will muster up the energy to walk to dinner. We went to an Italian place called "Carmine's." It's a family style Italian restaurant, which means that the portions are HUGE and meant to be shared. Really delicious, fairly priced...what's not to love?
* This is a Meat  Bolougnese w/ Angel Hair. It was delicious. I really enjoyed how the waiter served us our food....he made the whole "fork/spoon" combo work. I finally understand why Italian restaurants always serve a spoon with pasta dishes. Unfortunately, I couldn't make my food look as nice as this when I tried using a fork and spoon.

Well, that's it for my food pictures. Stay tuned for more exciting posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment