Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lemon Chicken Part Deaux

It's been a while since I last posted....I feel really bad. However, in these past few weeks that I've been absent, I've been methodically thinking about what to cook next. So here it is...

Lemon Chicken...Part Deaux!!!! 

Ingredients:
From left to right: oregano, thyme, white cooking wine, chicken thighs, 2 lemons, and garlic!!!!

1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Easy enough.

2) Next, fill up 1/4 cup measurer with olive oil and pour the white cooking wine into a 1/3 cup measurer. Again, simple stuff.
* i like our cup measurers. they're very sleek and sexy.

3) Meanwhile, add the white wine, 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice ;), 1.5 teaspoons dried oregano, 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves, and salt to a mixing bowl.


4) Warm the olive oil in a small sauce pan over a medium heat. Then add the garlic and stir the garlic around for about a minute. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LET THE GARLIC TURN BROWN...because we like our garlic white, not brown.

*I forgot to take a picture of this step. Oops.

5) Once the time has elapsed, turn off the heat. Then, add this super sexy (and fragrant!) concoction into the sauce pan and stir it around to evenly disperse all that delicious goodness.

* that looks so good! and I like my red spatula!

6) Now, pour this sauce into a baking dish.
* the garlic look like tiny tadpoles swimming in a polluted pond.

7) Now, rinse the chicken thighs and pat them dry. Then, place the thighs skin side up onto the sauce. Using your underrated feminine dexterity, lightly brush the chicken thighs with olive oil. Then, LIBERALLY ADD SALT AND PEPPER TO EACH THIGH!!! (this is my favorite part)
8) Cut the non-grated and juiced lemon into 8 wedge pieces. Tuck these wedges between the chicken thighs. Sexy.
* those are not my hands, in case you were wondering. My hands are manlier.


9) Now comes the hardest part. Bake the chicken for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken, until the chicken skin is lightly browned.
* chicken in the ovens. yummy. the lighting makes the chicken look seductive.

10) DUNZO! The chicken is finished, the kitchen smells deliciously garlicy and lemony, and your appetite is well worked up!

* the finished product....with rice.

This is a succulent dish. Very lemony...very garlicy....and oh so juicy. I'm very happy I decided to cook this tonight. My stomach is in a super happy place right now.



Stay tuned for more exciting posts to come....


No comments:

Post a Comment