Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NOTICE...HURRICANE SANDY HAS HIT NEW YORK.

That's why I haven't been blogging...because of Hurricane Sandy. It's the largest Atlantic hurricane in diameter....ever...with winds spanning 1,100 miles. Craaazy. Good thing for me is that I live in the Upper West side...which means I didn't get hit too badly. However...

I can't say the same for Lower Manhattan and other areas of the city. This Hurricane Sandy brought a destructive storm surge to NYC. It flooded numerous streets, tunnels, and subway lines in Lower Manhattan, as well as cutting off electricity in many parts of the city and its suburbs. The funny thing is that it caused the most damage in New Jersey, especially in communities along the Jersey Shore. Early estimates are $20-25 billion dollars, which would rank Sandy among the top five most destructive hurricanes on record.

It'll take weeks to get the subways back in order...so that'll be fun commuting place to place.


But as I said, I wasn't a victim of any of these effects...which makes me happy and sad. On the one hand, I'm safe, had power, and didn't have to go to work. On the other hand, I've never been in a hurricane, so I was looking forward to roughing it out with my fellow New Yorkers. Oh well, better to be safe than sorry.

I don't know what I'm gonna do with all this water I bought myself....


No comments:

Post a Comment