Saturday, November 3, 2012

Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Spicy Shrimp

Two posts in one week. I should earn a reward or something.

Well, stupid Hurricane Sandy has, in essence, rendered New York city useless....and by that, I mean transportation is still a mess,  I can't travel downtown via subway...so I can't entertain myself with what the city has to offer. Therefore, my conundrum has become YOUR delight: I'm back in the kitchen, doing what I do best: not burning the house down and making edible meals.

Today's meal is Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Spicy Shrimp!

Ingredients: 
* From left to right: Angel Hair Pasta, Parsley, Lemon, Garlic, and 2lbs of shrimp.

Yeah, I eat seafood. I'm not just a meat guy. Variety is the spice of life.

1) First, toss the shrimp with the juice of 1 lemon, 1/4 cup of parsley, 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes, 6 garlic cloves, salt, and 2 tbsp of olive oil. The key to this is to grab a small spoon to mix everything with. Why? Because the small spoon allows you to be dextrous with your wrists and mixing capabilities. That's smart!
* pretty colors. So pretty.

2) Next, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then, add the shrimp concoction into the skillet and let it cook until its pink and firm....;) Pink and firm is the way to go. Pink and limp...makes for sad people.
 * seeeeexy. notice firm and pink state of the shrimp.

3) After the shrimps are cooked, remove them from the pan and set them aside. This is a genius move on my part.  Yaaay me!

 * shrimptastic!

4) Now, lower the heat to a medium low temperature, and add 1/4 cup of olive oil, 8 cloves of minced garlic, and a shit ton of red pepper and parsley into the skillet. Stir it to allow all the contents to be evenly dispersed.

 * it looks like clam chowder! but delicious clam chowder!

5) Meanwhile, while all this is going on, cook the pasta.

 * this is what the pasta looks like after it's cooked.

6) After you've stirred the olive oil mixture for about 5 minutes, add it to your pasta and toss it around....shake it like you shake your booty. :) yeaaaa buddy! afterwards, sprinkle the parsley on top and add the shrimp!

8) Dance and celebrate! The dish is now complete!!!!

* voila! dunzo! look how pro this looks.

Once again, another masterpiece by chef Evan Lee. I should have my own cooking show.

Till the kitchen beckons me again....

No comments:

Post a Comment