Sunday, October 21, 2012

Angela's BDAY

Whoa. This weekend was Angela's birthday!!! Surprisingly, this is the first time I've spent her birthday with her...not because I'm a horrible boyfriend, but because the time hasn't been right until now....so yea, I made sure that the first birthday we spent together would be memorable. I took her all around Manhattan...and even bought her a leather jacket she'd been craving for a while haha.

On Saturday, I took her to a very nice restaurant, Bobo NYC. Yep, that's right. This fancy restaurant's named "Bobo." I wonder what genius thought up that name haha. Bobo NYC offers offer a contemporary take on seasonal French classics...which basically means deliciousness. So without further ado, here are the dishes we had. On a side note, I forgot to take a picture of the bread we had. It was delicious! The butter was light and fluffy!!! 

 * my dish: steamed bass w/ ratatouille and deliciousness!

That's a really bad description of the dish...but I really don't remember what else contributes to the dish. All I know is my mouth was in heaven with every bite I had of the bass! That fish was soo succulent, cooked perfectly. Even Angela loved it...and she's a seafood expert.

 * Angela's dish: NY Strip steak with scallion salad AND homemade fries.

OH MY GOD! Sooo delicious! For a french place, they cooked the steak perfectly....much like a legit steakhouse. The salad was...meh, but who cares? The fries were super delicious! Well seasoned...an it had the green stuff on it (parsley), so you know it's legit.

On Sunday, Angela and I went to Hunan Balcony for dinner. It was super delicious...and amazing. It's a mix of American and Traditional Chinese cuisine. Oh my goodness, deliciousness!!!

 * my dish: basil beef. very delicious...but what the heck? there were only 3 pieces of basil. when I see "Basil beef" on the menu, I expect 1092I409834 pieces of basil haha. But despite this, it was nevertheless delicious!

* beef noodle soup...an oldey but a goodey! Super delicious! I also think Angela's shirt accentuates the dish. YUMMY!

Yep, fun weekend, delicious food, what more could you ask for??? :)

Till next time...toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment