Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ms. Korea

It's been a while since I last posted. Sorry guys, it's been a hectic few weeks for me. I've been very busy with work and trying to make that money! However, I have never forgotten about my blog and have finally found the time to update!

Korean food has been missing from my diet; I think the last time I had Korean food was my last visit to Texas! That was back in December!!!! Unacceptable! That's like having a Chinese dinner without rice: it just does not happen! Now, my friend has always been posting pictures of her dining escapades on facebook, and I noticed that everytime she eats Korean food, she always eats at this one place: Ms. Korea. Therefore, being the astute person that I am, I decided to try the place for myself.

This place is flat out amazing:

1) We ordered Korean table bbq at this restaurant. When you order this service, this mecca of a place will give you a complementary dish....full of scallions. I repeat, scallions! HOW DID THEY KNOW???? It's like they were planning for my presence the entire time! 

* scaaaaalllions!!!! :)

2) The two meats we got were Spicy Pork Rib and Bulgogi (Korean beef). Now, the great thing about this restaurant is that they have several different grills for the table, depending on what meats you order. If you're confused, check out the pictures below to get a better grasp of what I'm talking about.
* this is the grill being prepped for the Spicy Pork Rib. Notice the plethora of onions...and the big bone. Delicious.

3) 
* spicy pork rib being cooked. Look at the delicious color that forms on the meat. More importantly, look at the corn ;). Such a random veggie to be placed in this hodgepodge of food.

4) Now, I normally never use the lettuce that's provided at Korean restaurants when eating my meat (get your mind out of the gutter). However, the lettuce was cut to the perfect size that I decided to give it a shot. Here's my result:
* well, it my best attempt at making a Korean taco. It's a perfectly size lettuce that contains the spicy pork rib, onions, scallions, and garlic. It's hiding underneath the pork rib because it's shy.

5) This was the coolest part of my dining experience: for the bulgogi, they brought out a convex shaped grill. Why was it convex shaped? Because, they were attempting to create the same dish as the one I had back in Texas: Grilling the bulgogi, while letting its "meat juices" simmer to the bottom, where it would bathe the noodles and asian mushrooms sitting at the base of the grill. This was soo delicious, that I didn't even mind eating the mushroom. Shocking, I know.
* convex shaped grill, with the noodles and asian mushroom. Note that this is the pre-grilling of the bulgogi.

* this is where all the action happens...ooh la la! This is sexy :)

The funny part was that Angela and I were looking for something on the menu that replicated this exact same dish. We couldn't find it anywhere on the menu, so settled for bulgogi. I'm glad we did!

-----
I'm really glad I decided to eat at Ms. Korea; it was well worth the 15 minute trip from my house. For anybody in New York who has a hankering for Korean food...and women or men....definitely check this place out. It will just about make your night. :)

Till next time, happy eating everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment