Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

For those of ya'll who don't live under a rock, Valentine's Day was this past Thursday. However, because Angela and I live about an hour apart...not to mention our busy schedules, we decided to celebrate it on February 16, 2013. And boy, was it worth the wait!

I took Angela to a very nice steak house, Club A Steakhouse. And as sad as I am to say it, I believe that New York has the better steaks than Texas. That's like saying that New York has the better high school football competition than Texas. It's unheard of! But unfortunately, it's true...yet this sad piece of news led way to a wonderfully satisfied stomach!

1) Of course, Valentine's Day dinner wouldn't be complete without wine, so that's exactly what Angela and I ordered. I ordered a Merlot, and Angela ordered a Pinot Grigio.
 * Can you tell which wine is which?

2) I forgot to take a picture of my appetizer, but true to my nature, I ordered a Caesar Salad. The dressing was very delicious and garlic-y. Great start to the meal!

3) This steakhouse had an amazing selection from its menu. Amongst the menu items was "Herb Garlic Fries." Can you guess if we ordered that? Also, my steak was cooked perfectly, and the way that my dad likes his steaks prepared: charred on the outside, but juicy on the inside. YUM.
 * My 22 oz. Double Eagle bone in steak, the herb garlic fries, and Angela's steamed bass with veggies and interesting vinaigrette.

4) Chocolate mousse cake. Enough said.
* a picture really is worth a thousand words.

So as you can tell, Angela and I enjoyed quite a dinner. Yay for us

No comments:

Post a Comment