Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Football Dinner!!!

The Texas Rangers are returning to the World Series as the Reigning American League Champions!!! And the Stars won last night 4-2 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Unfortunately, the Cowboys could not get the job done against the New England Patriots. Good thing I had my delicious dinner to distract me from the tragedy that is Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys!

Ingredients:
Pre-marinated chicken breasts from Albertson's, Romaine leaves
Alexia oven fries -- yummy! So delicious!

1) The chicken is to be served over "wilted Romaine." So we first prepare the latter. Basically, add olive oil and lots of garlic to your wok and stir fry the heck out of the Romaine leaves-- oh, add salt and pepper. Afterwards, place them aside

 * this picture turns me on. The leaves look soo crisp, and I love how the garlic's artfully scattered along the wok.

2) To prepare the chicken breasts: preheat olive oil on a high setting in a fancy skillet. Then, add breasts skin side down.
 * make sure your chicken looks like the one in this image!


3) Next, put aluminum foil over chicken and put another heavy skillet on top-- or if you have a fancy skillet cover (heavy!) like me, put it on top. Cool for about 5 minutes .
Then flip the chicken over and cook for 5 to 8 minutes.  This step will help tone your arms and gain strength! GRRRR!!!



* This looks like a panini maker. Or a modern day ufo.

4) So, after cooking the fries according to package directions and making extra edamame, I served myself the yummy chicken over my wilted Romaine lettuce, with edamame  and the wonderful fries
* Jealous? I would be. I actually ate 2 of the chickens already before taking the picture. Oops!


I hope this makes your day even better...or brightens up your gloomy day. Either way, it should enhance your livelihood. Until manana....au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment