Monday, November 7, 2011

Holy Shiiiit!!!

It's been awhile!!! Holy smokes, I'm sorry. I've been very busy...and everytime I've cooked, I have forgotten to take pictures. But fear not...for today I cooked AND took pictures....yay me!

So my grandmother and aunt are in town, and my dad invited them over for dinner. I knew I had to push my limits and try something fancy, and that's exactly what I did!!! So be prepared to be impressed, wowed...and without further ado, I present:

Spicy Tofu Tilapia (creative...i know)

1) Buy a whole fresh tilapia from your Chinese supermarket...preferably one that's all gutted and cleaned. If not, then you'll hafta gut and clean the fish yourself...and lemme tell you...that's a very disgusting endeavor.
2) Rub the  fish with salt and olive oil. Be sure to really knead them into the fish to ensure that the fish'll be tasty.
3. Fry fish in a nonstick skillet until it's pretty brown on each side. Then, remove it from the skillet and put  it on a dish.
*seeexxy!

4)  Fry few pieces of ginger, 4 cloves of smashed garlic, and a whole bunch of scallions in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of hot bean paste. Add 8 oz of chopped soft tofu as well.

5) Then, pour it on top of the fish.

5. When you smell that oh so wonderful fragrance and see that the fish is all cooked (about 10 minutes), put this wonderful creation on a fancy platter. To up the wow factor, serve it over rice!


Delicious! Anyways, I gotta go do dishes now...so I gotta bounce. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment