Monday, March 26, 2012

My Long Island Trip

I don't remember the last time I've blogged...I really do apologize. But hey, I just got back from a weekend trip to Long Island and took lotsa pics, which means...I have a super sized blogged for ya'll! Yippee!!!

Friday 
Ok, so I forgot to take pictures, but I had a delicious dinner of steak, broccoli and chicken, white rice, and other delicious chinese goodies.

Saturday
Ok, so I did a bunch of stuff on Saturday:
1) I woke up and took my protein shake.
2) I saw my gf, Angela, which made me happy.
3) I had a delicious lunch of spaghetti and water.
And then...I went BOWLING with Angela and her brother...and I even took some pictures. 
 * So as you can see, in my first game, Angela's brother, Brian, handily beat the both of us with an awesome score of 79. Clearly, this was a sign of things to come.
 * In the second game, things were starting out horribly for both Angela and me as Brian bowled a strike followed by a spare in his first two frames. But luckily, Allah and Buddah heard my prayers, and I started to pick my game up by the fourth frame...and was able to pull out the win! Angela also bowled very well, in that she improved her score from 65-72!
* In the third and final game, I was able to bowl a win again and break 100!!! And look, Angela improved her score again and tied her brother! Look at that strike!

So after bowling, we went back home, chilled with a few games of Mario Tennis, and then headed out to dinner in Flushing at some restaurant whose name I forgot.
Dinner
 * This was the fish who was right by our table. I named hims Mr. Bubbles. He's a lot more handsome in person than in this pic.
 * This was very delicious...it had a combo of everything I love: bacon, chives, and an assortment of squid. It was like Angela's parents got into my head and discovered my likes/dislikes.
 * This is the dish I ordered. It was called "scallops in hot sauce with squid and pea snaps." Whatever, it tasted delicious.
 * This is a jumbo oyster with black bean sauce...it tastes very similar to "Cantonese Black Bean baby back ribs"
 * My favorite vegetable in the whole wide world: "hollow vegetable" or...for the cultured out there, "kong xing cai!" It was very jumbo and garlic-y...mmmmm :D
 *Crab rice. It's the restaurant's signature dish...but I hafta say, I like the one in Texas better...weird huh?

Sunday 
On Sunday, Angela and I decided to venture over to East Village. It was my first time there, and I really enjoyed the area! It's got an urban feel to it; lotsa delicious restaurants, bars, karaoke places, and even a dessert place!
So, we decided to try a Thai place called:
Klong
The place had a very nice ambience...it was dimly lit, to set a very romantic mood. :) I liked that...it ensured that Angela would not get mad at me no matter how I acted.
 * That's my girlfriend.
 * Her appetizer: Chicken Wings in a Sweet Chili Sauce. It had scallions in it as well, so it was automatically delicious.
 * Angela's main dish: Spicy Basil Fried Rice. Those red dots that resemble a male organ are actually chili flakes! Good presentation :)
* My main dish: Holy Spicy Basil. It was not spicy :(. But it had a lot of garlic, onions, and peppers, so I was happy. Look at the rice: it's cute.

So after dinner, Angela and I went to:
Spot Dessert Bar 
 * This is a green tea lava cake...not my favorite, but still delicious. The cake had a warm liquid chocolate that oozed out, so that was a redeeming factor.
 * Angela's order: Green Tea Tiramisu Cake. This was by far the best dessert of the night.
 * My dessert: A thai tea creme brulee with thai tea! If you notice, the white thing in the shot glass is condensed milk. The tea already had evaporated milk in it, so I had to pour the condensed milk into the tea and mix it together. It was delicious.

Suffice to say, we were very fat and feeling full after our meal and dessert. But all in all, a very great and successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment