Saturday, March 3, 2012

Back in the States

The day has finally arrived! After 3 weeks in London, I'm back home in the United States of America. It's been a great 3 weeks, but it was time to travel back. It's such a great feeling to lie down in my own bed, take a shower in my own shower, and pee in my own bathroom :). But most importantly, being back home has given me the time to update my blog!

London Eye 
I went to the London Eye this past Wednesday, February 29, 2012. For those of you who are uncultured, the London Eye is a tall ferris wheel that allows its passengers to see all of London. To be honest, it's all hype; one of those things you HAVE to do while you're in London. It was actually very disappointing for me because 1) it was cloudy in London and 2) the London Eye wasn't as tall as it was described :(.

Several views from the London Eye: 


* I took this picture because that construction site looks like a penis :O

* this building looks like the handle of the lightsaber, and in 2001, it shot up a huge beam of light to resemble a lightsaber! cooolio

 * the car above us.
 * big ben and westminister abbey. did you know that big ben is the name of the bell inside the clock and not the clock tower itself???!!!
* another view!

So yesterday, Friday, March 2, 2012, we were treated to a huge goodbye dinner at a place called Imamo! It was a japanese fusion restaurant, and boy was it delicious! What made the place even better was that it utilized interactive tables: i.e. your table acts like a desktop, and you can order your food, watch the chefs cooking, play battleships, call a cab, order drinks, and even click on an icon that tells you what there is to do post dinner! What's even better was that we could change the layout of the table. Man, I wish they had a restaurant like that in the states. What was even better was that since this was on the company dollar, our goal was to order at least 1000 pounds of food, which we accomplished...our dinner was a grand total of 1400 pounds!

Pictures from Imamo:
 Look at that table: soooo beautiful and awesome!
 * holy fucking shit. look at the way this table is set up! you can "call the waiter!"
 * another function you can access. you can play a game of memory!
 * as well, you can preview the food, and it'll appear on your plate. This was a beef dish!
 * beef and mango salad


 * the restroom was awesome; it felt like i was in a futuristic space ship!


* my order!

Yep, it's been a great 3 weeks in London...from all the sights culminating in Imamo! Boy did I feel like a kid in a candy shop last night! Well, it's getting late, and I'm very jet lagged, so I'll ya'll adieu! Adieu!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment