Saturday, April 21, 2012

Lemon Garlic Pork Chops

Today is the weekend, which means I get to cook...for 2 weekends in a row! Yippeeee. It's sooo exciting; there's something very fulfilling and fun about cooking your own meal (s). So, if ya'll can't tell, I've been kinda on a chicken bender these past few months. Therefore, I decided that I should change it up with my protein...and cook some PORK CHOPS. *Gasp* Say it ain't so....

But I didn't venture that far off in the end, because while the meat is different, I'm cooking the dish the same way I cooked my chicken last week: Lemon Garlic Style!!!

Ingredients: 
From left to right: Oregano, Italian-Styled Bread Crumbs, GAAARLIC, lemon, pork chops, and eggs

1) First, you want to crack two eggs in a bowl along with the juice of HALF a lemon. Not a whole lemon...just a half. This'll give the dish a nice lemony taste :)
2) Beat the shit out of the egg/lemon liquid.
* notice how the liquid has become a solid yellow color. You want to strive for that....

3) Now, soak the pork chops really well in the mixture....if this process is not messy, you're not doing it correctly.
* I don't know why, but I find this picture very beautiful. Like a work of art by Leonardo DaVinci.

4) Meanwhile, in a separate container, mix 3/4 cup of the Italian-Styled Bread Crumbs with 1/2 a teaspoon of oregano.
5) Now comes the tricky part. You want to take your eggy pork chops and bread both sides of them thoroughly. This is tricky because after the first pork chop has been breaded, the bread crumb/oregano concoction becomes moist with the egg mixture from the pork chop. Therefore, when you bread the rest of your pork chops, you'll want to shake the pork chops around to really dig in and scoop up all that crumb-y goodness!
6) Now let the Pork Chops stand for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. As well, grab 3 garlic cloves and chop them in half!

7) After those 5-10 minutes have passed, pan fry the these pork chops with olive oil and those chopped garlic cloves until you achieve a light brown color on both sides...not black, just brown...because I'm racist....jkjk

8) After that's done, transfer the pork chops to an oven rack. Then place them in the oven for 35 minutes. The recipe calls for only 25 minutes, but I'm a rebel..a badass...and I think my pork chops were fatter than the ones in the recipe. Oh well, more meat = happy evan.
* After they've been browned...(not blackened)
* pork chops in the oven

9) Once the 35 minutes have elapsed, you're done! Here's the beautiful finished product:

VERDICT: I should've breaded the chicken some more...aka I should've made more breading. And I would've used way more garlic than I did today. But besides that, the dish is amazingly delicious and lemon-y. Aaaand, I've found out that I really enjoy Italian-style Breading...whatever that consists of.

No comments:

Post a Comment