Saturday, April 14, 2012

Roasted Chicken Quarters With Garlic and Herbs

It's been such a long time since I've had ample time to cook on the weekend...so I was suuuuper excited when I woke up this morning and realized that from 5-7, I would be able to cook! And that's what I did. I decided to try out a new recipe:
Roasted Chicken Quarters with Garlic and Herbs!!!!  (as you can tell, there's a theme to all of the food I cook....)

Ingredients:  
From right to left: Chicken quarters, Cajun seasoning, Thyme, Garlic, 2 Lemons, and Parsley

1) Heat oven to 375°F.

2) Add lemon juice from the 2 lemons, 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of parsley, thyme, and cajun seasoning, and 6 chopped garlic  cloves into a mixing bowl. Use your dextrous wrist (right or left, doesn't matter) to mix the ingredients together to form a homogenous mix.
3) Add salt and pepper to the chicken quarters. Then, toss each chicken individually in the mixture and allow the chicken to soak up this sexy marinade :P.
4) Now, once you've successfully coated all the chicken quarters, place them on a baking sheet and place it in the oven. Careful, because the oven will be super hot, and I wouldn't want you to burn yourself...
* what the chickens look like after they've been dressed up. hehe it's like they were naked, but now they're covered up...except for their legs. my chickens are skanky

* in the oven...super cozy

5) Allow the chicken to cook for about one and a half hours. Half way through the cooking time, flip the chicken onto its other side.

6) YOU'RE DONE! A delicious aroma will infiltrate your nostrils, which is how you'll know your dish is finished!


The chicken is super delicious. I'm really glad I love garlic and herbs. I will make this for my homies in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment