Friday, August 31, 2012

Mom's 2012 Labor Day Visit Day 1

Howdy folks! Evan back in action tonight. Me madre is visiting during the Labor day weekend, so I wanted to take her out to dinner on her first night in New York. We mosied on into Koreatown (or street) for some delicious eating. It's actually very funny how NYC's Koreatown is called Koreatown, seeing as it is just one street populated by Korean restaurants...and culture haha. I think it should be called KoreaSTREET. But what do I know? I'm no city planner.

I forgot the name of the restaurant I took my mom to, but it had some generic Korean name....basically a variation of the name Yup-Kim-Sung...
 * These are the traditional appetizers that're served. The best part is that they're free. If you've never tried eating it, just follow the words on my mother's t-shirt: "JUST DO IT!" You won't regret it.

* This is a seafood pancake. It was delicious and seafood-y...full of delicious nutrients. I really enjoyed the fact that it was served with a pie cutter. Make's the dish very classy :)

* The main course; BBQ Combination. What is this grill contraption you see? Well, in Korea, they really like to cook their meats on a table grill...much like how here in America, we like to cook our meats on a barbeque grill. Instead of being boring and just ordering one type of meat, we ordered a PLETHORA OF MEAT: Kalbi (pork ribs), Spicy Kalbi (spicy pork ribs), chicken breast, and Bulgogi (beef). YUMMMY FOR MY TUMMY!

New York sure does know how to cook Korean food. Both my mom's and my stomach were satisfied. I'm now going to go food coma. Thanks for tuning in again.

Till next time, I bid you good eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment