Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Apartment

Woooowzers, it's been a while since I last posted something on this site. My apologies, fair lads and lasses. I've been busy organizing and dealing with apartment stuff....since I JUST MOVED UP (well, actually down) to the West (not East) side!!!!

This past month has been really hectic. The first obstacle I ran into was buying a mattress for my room. The actual act of purchasing a mattress wasn't the hectic part. Instead, because I was using a furniture store (Sleepy's) to deliver my bed, my building management needed them to submit a "Certificate of Insurance." Easy enough, right? Well, I bought a bed about a week before planning on moving it into my apartment, so there would be ample time for Sleepy's to send over the certificate. In fact, I was assured that my building management would receive it well in advance of Friday (the day of the move). Well, after calling Sleepy's every day leading up to Friday...and being assured that it would be sent, it was never sent when I called my building management on Friday. But wait! This is the funny part: after calling up Sleepy's Customer Service Line and explaining my situation to them, PRESTO, they were able to send the Certificate before I could even grab an apple from the fridge.
Why couldn't they have just sent the Certificate when I asked them to? Sigh, sometimes, I feel sorry for what the future generation has to deal with....
 * this is what my room looked like prior to the move. Notice how naked my bed looks...;)

August 12, 2012
Well, I was actually able to move everything today!!!!
* my room sure looks mighty spacious and clean. hopefully it'll stay that way in 3 days....


 * this is my hanging clothes thingy. It's very nice. Notice how I intelligently incorporated my tie guards onto this gizmo. Innovative!

 * this is my real life closet. I ACTUALLY HAVE A CLOSET THAT FITS EVERYTHING!!!!!

I really like this apartment in that it has a doorman (for security :D), AIR CONDITIONING, laundry room, movie theater, and gym all in the complex! Plus, my mattress is super comfy, I have a lot of space in my new room; I know I'm gonna love it here. Did I mention how close this place is to work? ONLY 7 MINUTES!!!!

Let the snoozefest begin -___-

No comments:

Post a Comment