Monday, January 7, 2013

2013 winter trip....continued!!!

This is part two of my winter break post...hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long! I gotta keep ya'll always wanting more....

December 30, 2012 
On this wonderful day, Angela and I got tickets to watch the Dallas Mavericks vs. the San Antonio Spurs. Unfortunately, the Mavs lost by a score that we shall never mention; all people need to know is that they were embarrassed and swept off the court, so to speak. However, the good news is that Angela and I needed to grab something to eat before the game. I took her to "Noodle Wave," a Thai Restaurant...and boy, was it delicious!
* Angela's dish: thai spicy chicken. It consists of minced chicken, basil, gross mushrooms, carrots, and delicious onions! Despite the mushrooms, from what I tasted, the dish was spectacular!

 * My dish: "Drunken Noodles"...at least that's what I believe it's called; it was the same as the Thai Spicy Chicken dish...except there were flat noodles. AND NO MUSHROOMS, which clearly makes my dish better haha.

All in all, Angela really enjoyed the place...and I'm glad she scarfed down her dish almost as quickly as I finished mine!

December 31, 2012 
Another food adventure! My dad took Angela and I out to lunch  at a Korean restaurant...which I so conveniently happened to forget the name of...like a dummy! But anyways, it was a very delicious meal. We ended up getting a dish recommended by our not-so-friendly waitress. It's called: "Bulgogi Meat Stew." I have no idea what genius came up with that name, but it was super delicious! So thank you, Ms. Not-Really-Nice-So-I-Won't-Tip-You-Very-Nicely for your recommendation.

* This "stew" is a mixture of a white clear liquid (get your mind out of the gutter) and the juices from the bulgogi as it was being cooked on the grill. As you can see from the picture, there are also onions, scallions, and noodles that sit in a basin....so as the meat's getting cooked, the bulgogi juice and clear broth "marinate" all the contents within the basin...making for a very harmonious union of flavors in the mouth! ;)

Summary: it was a glorious dish. Koreans are innovative.

So after lunch, my father took us to a nice Korean desert/caf, Mozart. We ended up ordering coffee and delicious desserts and talking for a good hour. What a wonderful way to relax after eating! 


* From left to right: Tiramisu, Three layer chocolate cake, Green Tea Cake. 

Unfortunately, I forgot that Tiramisu contains some cheese...>__< oops! But despite that, the Tiramisu was still mucho scrumptious! I've come to realize in my old age that desserts make the tummy happy....and bloated at the same time! I guess that's the sacrifice one has to make for comfort... :( 

So...guess what???? 

I still have some more pictures of my winter break...

Stay tuned for part 3 of my winter break!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 



No comments:

Post a Comment