Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Winter Break 2013 part 3

Hopefully, this'll be the final post regarding my winter break! Continuing from last time....

December 31, 2012 
We still had a lot of lobster left over from the other day, so my resourceful mom decided to use the extra lobster to meat and incorporate it into fried noodles! A bit of a cultural lesson for ya'll: whenever Chinese people have left over food, they just make fried rice OR noodles and basically throw all the leftovers into the dish.

* this was more than just your "average" fried noodle; it was GOURMET! So delicious! Love it


Later that evening, I decided that Angela and I needed to evolve into a classier couple. What's classier than an orchestra concert??? NOTHING! Therefore, I took Angela to the Dallas Symphony Orchestra's New Year's Eve concert! They played the Blue Danuble Waltz, other music from Liszt, and Brahms. All in all, a wonderful event, filled with beautiful music and culture.
* premium seats!

January 1, 2013 
Happy New Year! Unfortunately, while it was officially the first day of 2013, it would be my last day in Texas (along with Angelawr's). My parents decided that there's no other proper way to send off folks from Texas than treating them to a fancy schmancy steak dinner. We went to Del Frisco's, which is the most popular and oldest steakhouse in Dallas and has opened up several other locations, including right here in Manhattan. Booyah New York, we started it first. Not you. Ya'll are copycats!
 * delicious bread. Of course, it was free. Yaaaay!
 * Those are onion rings on steroids! They were very tender and crispy. I had to eat 4, while everybody else only ate 1. Again, happy days.
 * fried calamari. This wasn't your average fried calamari dish. It was served "Shanghai-style," which is just an offensive term for sweet and sour. Nevertheless, it was beautifully cooked, and I would definitely order it again.
* the signature dessert: 6 Layer Lemon cake. Yes, that hand holding the fork is Angela's hand. Yes, she ate about 5/6 of the cake :). My girlfriend is a lil fattie :). Don't worry, I helped her out: I had 3 bites! Talk about lending a "hand."

So yea, after 3 posts, I've managed to capture my winter break for 2012-2013. Hopefully, my future winter breaks will be just as fun! Till next time....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment