Sunday, June 3, 2012

Delicious Healthy Chicken with Beans

It's been too long since I've blogged. These past few weekends have been very busy, attending my girlfriend's graduation and seeing my good friend David the weekend before. But all that time off just gave me more time to think about what to cook...

I actually got this recipe from my mother. I don't really like beans, but I figured that because she sent it to me (and mom's never wrong), I'll give it a whirl.

Ingredients: 
From left to right: Red pepper, Thyme, Cannellini Beans, garlic, oregano, and 8 chicken thighs

1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Mix 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper, 1 tsp. of oregano and thyme, 2 mashed cloves of garlic, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil together into a casserole dish. Rinse the beans (30 oz.) and mix them with the marinade. This is a very fun step!
* it's amazing because when you make your marinade, you always think it's too little...and then you add the beans and WHOA, it's more than plenty!

2) After you're done with that, move the beans onto a baking sheet. Hard stuff, I know.



3) After you're done with that and your dish looks like my picture above, place the 8 chicken thighs on top of the beans. Add 1 more tbsp. of olive oil, salt, and pepper onto the chicken and massage them into the chicken like a groper :)
4) Now, place the chicken into the oven for about 35-45 minutes. Watch a 30 minute sitcom of your choice while waiting for the chicken to be done cooking.
* my chicken is so pale -___-

5) You're done! The chicken will have a nice golden brown color to it...so if the color doesn't resemble that, keep cooking it until a golden brown hue appears!

Verdict: Pure deliciousness. I really like the flavor of the beans. Plus, cannellini beans are very healthy and good for your body in that they're a high protein, low fat source of food. And, they prevent the absorption of carbs into fat...so that's always a good thing for those who are looking to lose weight!

Stay tuned for what's next :D

No comments:

Post a Comment