Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day in New York

This past weekend was a well-awaited break for me...work kept me busy, and I didn't have to cook this weekend! Why? Because my girlfriend's parents invited me over to their house to celebrate Father's Day with them. It was a fun time for me because they barbequed delicious food, AND I was able to meet some of my girlfriend's relatives.

The barbeque dishes were very delicious and succulent. It's interesting because the food was provided from a place in Chinatown. And the wonderful thing about this place is that they pre-marinate whatever you want to buy...and it was marinated in a way that reminded me of Texas bbq...aka the way my parents bbq...which made me very nostalgic.

Here are the pics:
* bbq porgy. it was super delicious. the skin was very flavorful and crunchy...the only problem was that it was filled with bones :(

* Mr. Lau bbq-ing with his hungry onlookers. Not gonna lie, I was always near the grill
* kabobs with lil squids and red and green peppers. it was delicious.
* chiiiiicken! just how mama lee would make them
* oops...i ate most of the spare ribs before I remembered to take a picture. It's like the galbi I bbq back in Tejas...sizzling!


Unfortunately, this is the end of my photos because I was super hungry and ate to my heart's content like a fat kid. After this weekend, I've decided I want to bbq some more...but I don't have a grill so...craptastic, guess I'll have to go bug my girlfriend's parents some more :P

No comments:

Post a Comment