Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pasta with Chicken Breasts, Beans, and Greens

I really like the cannellini beans. It tastes soo delicious, and that's a huge statement for me to make since I really don't like eating beans. So while I was researching what I wanted to cook this week, I decided that I must incorporate those delicious beans somehow. I also wanted to return to my pasta making ways, seeing as I still had one box of unused spaghetti still left. Therefore, since I'm my own boss, I did just that. 

Ingredients:
Left to right: Spaghetti, Arugula leaves, white wine (pinot grigio to be exact), 9 cloves of diced garlic, olive oil, 12 expertly chopped chicken breast tenderloins, and 30 oz. cannellini beans.

* I have no idea how chicken breast tenderloins differ from regular chicken breasts. All I know is that it's delicious.

1) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place the pasta in the water and let it cook for about 8-10 minutes...or until al dente. I don't have a picture of this because I already have one in a previous post. Plus, if you can't figure it out, you're dumb. 

2) In a skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken until evenly brown. Then, place it off to the side and let it cool
 *This is not brown; but it's getting there. 

3) Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat and cook the garlic 1 minute, until lightly browned. Or you can cook it until the delicious aroma infiltrates your nostrils. Then, add the chicken breasts and 1 cup of white wine into the liquid. Cook and stir until the chicken is "heated through"....or until it's cooked thoroughly. I'm fancy with my terminology.
4) Now add in the beans and the entire tub of arugula leaves. Stir and let everything simmer until the leaves have wilted like a dead flower. 

 * I switched pots halfway through because I'm ninja and sneaky. And because my puny ass pot wasn't big enough to fit everything. 

5) Meanwhile, hopefully you've been paying attention to your pasta cooking and have removed it from the boiling pot of water already. If not, DO THIS NOW! Toss the pasta in with the liquid mixture. Also, add salt and pepper to taste. 
* And this is the delicious view you should have of everything. 

Yummmmy! I never cease to impress myself. I should become a chef.  

No comments:

Post a Comment