Monday, August 12, 2013

Dame's Chicken And Waffles

When you think of the "South," what type of food immediately comes to mind??? Salads? Pork chops? Steaks? Well, if those are the edibles that come to mind, then you're wrong! Sorry.
Eating in the south consists of a lot of fried food...and waffles! Therefore, my mother and I decided to visit world famous "Dame's Chicken and Waffles." 

I was a bit skeptical when we first went to eat here. I mean, how mouthwatering can waffles and chicken wings be? ....I'll let ya'll decide based on these pictures:

1) This is the background of the restaurant.

2) Here's a history lesson for ya'll: how did chicken and grits come to be? Well, read this menu and you too can be well educated. 
 * you probably need a magnifying glass for this

3) The MENU: so everything on the right side is a combo of chicken wings and waffles. The left side contains a la carte items such as fish, wings, salad, and breakfast items.
 
4) I ordered the "Dueling Roosters - Rd. 1." I don't know why they decided on that name, but whatever. This dish was seriously legit. It came with four fried chicken wings that sits on top of a "classic" waffle. The waffle was super light and fluffy...not too dense yet still leaving me pleasantly full. My dish also came with 2 "schmears," so I chose the vanilla almond and chocolate hazelnut. To my surprise, the chocolate hazelnut was not my favorite...vanilla almond all the way! Just definitely elevates the dish to a whole entire stratosphere. In addition, I ordered a side of "spicy greens." As you can imagine, it's a very imaginative name...but boy, was it flavorful! I'd definitely recommend eating it.
* a schmear is a sweet creme butter that have been delicately whipped with the freshest natural ingredients. In other words, it's light and fluffy butter.

Verdict: I'm a believer. Seriously, I am truly a believer. I want to go back to this place....that should pretty much sum up whether this establishment lives up to its sterling reputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment