Sunday, August 11, 2013

High school wedding

Holy crap! The thing that I least expected to happened...happened. No, pigs haven't started to fly yet. I haven't won an unlimited supply of popcorn. Instead, my high school buddy, David Unwin, got married. Matter of fact, he was the first of my high school group of friends to tie the knot. HE WAS THE LAST PERSON WE ALL EXPECTED TO GET HITCHED.....aaaaaaah!

Anyways, the wedding weekend started off on the wrong foot. I got off of work and hurried home, to pack and make sure I had enough time to eat dinner before I left for my flight to North Carolina (where the wedding was being held). With enough time to spare, I was all ready to leave when I received the dreaded phone call from American Airlines:
                           "AA Flight 3034 has been delayed 1 hours.."
GAAAAH....All that frantic rushing for nothing! Yet, instead of feeling dejected, I decided to embrace the downtime I was given and catch a quick baseball game. Little did I know what I was in store for:
                           "AA Flight 3034 has been cancelled...."

UUUUGH. Why does this always happen to me? Why? Well, moving quickly and swiftly, I got on the phone with an AA representative and spent the next 30 minutes sweet talking my way onto a flight that would get me to David's wedding on time. In the end, I had to wake up at 3 am for a 6:00 am flight. Was it worth it??? Most definitely. I spent the past 24 hours sleeping in an oh-so-comfy hotel bed, saw one of my good bros getting married, and I ate like crap.

 * me and my high school buddies catching up. The red headed person is Walter. The other young white guy is Ryan. I'm the handsome lad in the grey suit.

 * this amazing retro car that the bride and groom (now husband and wife) drove off in.
Before the couple actually made it to the car, it started raining, and the hood had to be let up.
 * another shot of the tres amigos!

 * doing what I do best: blowing bubbles. real manly.
* just can't get enough of us...i mean...that girl can't stop looking at us haha

* getting tired of us yet?
* so in this photo, we're actually talking about life...and how delicious the sandwiches provided were.

* oh hello, Fontaine. This is Walter's sister....she decided to bro out with us


* oh, hello Mama Lee's camera. You caught us at an unexpected moment.


* BUBBLES! And DAvid and his wife look so happy about the bubbles blowing into their faces.
* one more delicious look at this sexy car. They even have a chauffeur!!! Lucky people. At my wedding, I want a chauffeur to drive me back to the hotel.

So yep, there are my memories and photos of the wedding. Stay tuned for more updates on my exciting weekend. Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment