Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My first NY haircut!

Today, I decided to get a haircut in preparation for my first week of work! Gotta look spiffy. I asked my friends where they get the deed done, and I decided to go with one of my friend's suggestion: Kim Sun Young, located in the heart of NYC's "Koreatown." By the way, "Koreatown" is just a street that contains a whole row of Korean restaurants and shops.

Why this place? Well, my friend told me that they really pamper you there (who doesn't love a good pampering), and I figured I could also use it as an excuse to drag my fat ass to Koreatown and grab lunch...and that I did.
* This is me walking along 34th street towards Koreatown. It was super sunny. Plus, I found a gamestop, so I know where I'll be when NHL '13 comes out!

I ate lunch at a restaurant that wasn't too crowded...and unfortunately, I was super starving that I forgot to take a picture of what I ate. It was Jae Yook Bok Um...which translated for the uncultured is: Pork Loins cooked with spicy sauce. Yep, it was delicious.

However, although I didn't take a picture of my lunch, I did happen to capture something else equally fascinating and interesting:
* It's a "black man" in a Korean Restaurant!!!! Good to know that Koreans celebrate diversity....and that African Americans are beginning to branch out into Asian cuisine....

Ok, so now for my haircut. Like I said, it's called Kim Sun Young. Here it is:
* It's that silver thing....

* The place was legit!

Yea, my friend wasn't kidding when he said they pamper you. When I first arrived, they took my coat and hung it up for me. Simultaneously, they gave me a gown to wear as well as provide me with a beverage of my choice: water! And it was in a bottle! When it was finally my turn to get my haircut, they first washed my hair. And did they wash it. The nice lady pleasantly massaged my scalp with this flowery scented shampoo. Then, she put this equally fragrant conditioner into my hair, while expertly massaging my dome!

The haircut was also a pleasant experience. The lady knew what she was doing! All I had to say was "faux hawk," and she knew what to do! On top of that, after my cut was done, they washed my hair again to wash away all the excess hairs, while MASSAGING MY HEAD...again. Suffice to say, I had a great time there.

Anyways, I'm back home now...it's nappy time!

No comments:

Post a Comment