Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pictures Galore!!!

Yep, so I've been looking back at my past blogs, and I've realized something: My recent posts have been lacking in pictures. That's not right! Therefore, today's blog will feature pictures...and lots of them!

Mapo Tofu!!!  
This is my take on a classic Chinese dish...so you know it'll be good.

Ingredients:
House Food's "Chinese Mabo Tofu Sauce," ground turkey, Mori-Nobu Tofu

*I used ground turkey today because that's what I found in the fridge. And it's healthy-ish. Ground beef will also suffice.

1) Chop the tofu delicately into little squares. The whole dish depends on how well the tofu are chopped, so make sure you're a pro with the knife before attempting this step.
* The tofu is also very wet ;), so you need to dry it. My method is to place the tofu directly on top of a paper towel, which sits on top of a newspaper. This just conserves paper towels...and you really don't want the tofu coming into contact with the newspaper!

2) So, after drying the tofu, heat the ground turkey in a wok over medium heat. Simple enough.

3) Add your "Chinese Mabo Tofu" Sauce when the meat is almost done cooking. Stir the contents around so all the meat will soak in the nice sauces. 


*Mabo is a funny word. That is all 

4) This is the hardest step of them all. Now, it's time to add your delicately-pro-chopped-tofu to the work and stir around. Follow the directions as stated on the "Chinese Mabo Tofu" Sauce box.  

5) When everything's just about done cooking, add as much Chinese hot sauce as you like, as well as a big dash of sesame oil...because who doesn't love sesame oil? I could get drunk off sesame oil.
6) Finally, if you are a scallion / garlic lover like your favorite chef (me), you would sprinkle handfuls of chopped green onions over the beautiful MPTF concoction you just created.
很好吃!(Very good taste = tastes very good)

That is a such a beautiful dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment