Tuesday, September 6, 2011

EvtheChef takes on Korea

So I went to an H-Mart this weekend and bought myself a whole bunch of crap. I got lettuce, chives, corn, tofu....blah blah blah...but most importantly, I bought myself frozen pork ribs. Yes, that's right. Today's post will be about my take on Korea's famous GALBI dish!!!

Ingredients:
(Kalbi Sauce and Pork Ribs (in bag with Kalbi Sauce marinade)

1) Before you can start cooking, make sure to defrost your pork ribs. There's no way in hell you wanna eat frozen pork ribs...unless you wanna lose your teeth. Talk about unattractive.

2) Place the pork ribs in a ziplock plastic bag and pour the Kalbi Sauce into the bag. Massage the meat around [ hehe ;)]

3) Let the meat sit in the fridge for about 3 hours.

4) Heat the grill onto a high setting.

5) Now, turn down the grill to about 350 degrees F (medium setting) and place your ribs on the grill.

6) Using indirect heat, let each side grill for about 10 minutes. If you wanna achieve that sexy-pro "grill mark" look, then keep the grill on the high setting for about 6 minutes on each side.


7)  That's it. You're done. Just to warn ya'll, the smell of the ribs cooking is brutal in that it smells sooo delicious and stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system. Talk about a tease!!!

* that's my dinner: Ribs, Salad, and my Grilled Corn. I actually also made my own salad...it consists of saute'd string beans, diced onions, and romaine lettuce drizzled expertly (if I do say so myself) with Wishbone's Italian Dressing.

PRODUCT PLACEMENT. I really hope Wishbone Corp. ships me a bottle of there Italian Dressing for free....

No comments:

Post a Comment