Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Double Whammy

Up till now, I've only posted about what I've been making myself for dinner. Today, I'm also including what I've been making myself for lunch. I like to call it my "Super-Delicious-Ultra-Pregnant" Sandwich. Subway, eat your heart out. There's a new sandwich provider in town. And it's made by Ev the Chef of "Evthechef.blogspot.com!"

SUPER-DELICIOUS-ULTRA-PREGNANT SANDIWICH 
Ingredients (from left to right): Olive Oil Garlic Infused Bread (from whole foods), Diced Onions, Potbelly's Hot Peppers, Beef Brisket, and BAAAACCCOOOONNNN!!!!

1) Heat: the bread to desired temperature. For me, I microwave it for 20 seconds on "high."

2) Heat: the bacon for about 30 seconds on "high" or to desired temperature.

3) Heat: the brisket for about 40 seconds on a "medium" setting or to desired temperature.

4) Here's where it gets tricky. Take a knife and slice the bread open (just like they do at Subway)

5) First, place the brisket onto the bread like so:
* I forgot to mention...before you line the bread up with brisket, place pieces of lettuce along the bread for fiber!

6) After that, drizzle the hot peppers on top of the brisket. The reason I use Potbelly's Hot Peppers is because there's a variety of peppers within the container....and it soaked in their secret sauce. Yummy!
Plus, I feel like a man whenever I successful eat the peppers without grabbing a sip of water.


7) Next, evenly scatter the diced onions along the peppers.

8) Lastly, the moment you all have been waiting for....PLACE THE BACON ON TOP OF THE ENTIRE CONCOCTION!!!

9) Now, because this sandwich is bursting with flavor...and products, it's hard to keep everything within the sandwich without having the thing and the contents spill out. Therefore, tightly wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil....like a baby....and now, you can enjoy your delicious sandwich. Upon finishing the task, pat your belly and congratulate your stomach, for downing this monstrosity is no easy feat.
* Sandwich wrapped in aluminum foil. Kinda looks like a sleek metallic fish.

Now, if ya'll remember, I was preparing my chilean sea bass for tonight's dinner.....:

After removing the sea bass from its bag,

1) Preheat the oven to broil

2) Place the rack about 6 INCHES from the broiling element (located at the top of the oven for all you befuddled people)


3) The fish should be cooked for a total of 6 minutes. Keep rotating the sea bass so each surface gets equal loving.

4) You're DOOOONE!!!!


* Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of my Chilean Sea Bass. I was very hungry and ate it all before I remembered to take a picture. My bad.

* the rest of my dinner. Corn and Chicken Wings!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment