Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Too much Deliciousness on One Plate

So, I realize that I've been pretty lazy in my last few posts in that I haven't been posting many pictures. Well fear not! Today's post comes to you with a plethora of pictures...and love. Lotsa love <3!

Today, I decided to make my Salmon Sake dish...except this time, I'm using Ling Cod instead of Salmon. Why? Well, because Ling Cod has the taste of a fattier fish, like Chilean Sea Bass, but the health benefits of Salmon...so you're getting the best of both worlds with the Ling cod. And surprisingly, this fish hails from the Atlantic. Judging by the name, I thought it'd come from the Orient. Whoops, my bad!!!

Sexy Ling Cod Swimming in Sake 
* cilantro and chopped scallions. notice how detailed and delicate the scallions look....it's the work of a chef who has dexterous hands and an eye for beauty....and oddly enough, that chef is me. WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!!

The cilantro and chopped scallions will be added to....
*to the right bag depicts what Ling cod looks like. the left contains chilean sea bass, which is what I'm cooking for dinner manana. Again, it's marinating in the sake/mirin concoction...but remember, this is done in a day's time...not 2 days like the original recipe calls for. Gotta keep ya'll on ya'll's toes...


After the fish is done marinating, follow the steps of my original recipe....this will contain how to set up the grill....use indirect heating...how much time to cook the fish...and all that other good stuff!


OKAY!!!! So as the title so eloquently states, there's a lot of deliciousness on one plate . In addition to a fish, I'm also adding shrimp...because shrimps are delicious, and they enhance one's libido ;).

My shrimp skewers are prepared exactly the same way as I have in my previous posts. Drizzle some olive oil, some GARLIC SALT, cilantro, and scallions, and massage/ grope them as if it's your last time doing so....(just grope and massage them the way a sick pervert would)


I don't remember if I've ever mentioned this, but I always cover up my shrimp after I've marinated them. The reason is to prevent the air from drying out the shrimp. A dry shrimp = a not so succulent shrimp = no bueno = UNHAPPY EVAN!!!!

Remember, after you marinate the shrimp, heat up the grill...and use indirect heat to grill the shrimp. Also, grill each side of the shrimp for about 1 minute...no more than 2. Otherwise, it'll become overcooked...and trust me, overcooked shrimp tastes like doggy doo doo. But at least it's not ACTUAL doo doo....

So that's my dinner. I also utilized my microwavable skills to make myself some brown rice. Contrary to popular belief, brown rice is DELICIOUS. And its healthy. I know this because all the tabloids tell me celebrities eat brown rice to stay fit and sexy. If it works for them, why not me?


*Editors' note: The fish was soooo delicious. I absolutely fell in love with Ling Cod...sorry salmon, but you've been replaced by the younger, sexier, more succulent fish :D

No comments:

Post a Comment