Monday, August 8, 2011

Things I learnt in Cabo...


Hola amigos! I'm finally back from my one week vacation in Los Cabos, Mexico. Boy was it fun...jet skiing, swimming with dolphins, snorkeling, and of course...eating. I gained sooo much weight, I look like a beach ball. Of course I didn't cook during my vacation, but I definitely did pay attention to the chefs who cooked my meals. The following is a collection of the dishes I thought were tasty, impressive, and of course, easy to make! 

Caesar Salad...the Mexican way!!! 
Ingredients: Olive oil, mustard, garlic, 1 egg, Worcester Sauce, Vinegar, Salt, Pepper, Romaine Lettuce

1) Add 2 tbsp of olive oil into a bowl...preferrably the one in the picture. 

2) Add a tbsp of mustard



3) Add a teaspoon of Worcester sauce

4) Add 1/2 tbsp of vinegar to the mixutre

5) Add salt, pepper, and garlic to taste. 
6) While adding all these ingredients, keep stirring the contents to create a homogenous yellowish/tannish color. It's not a very sexy color btw. 
7) Next, dump the lettuce into the bowl and stir vigorously so the lettuce becomes coated in the caesar dressing. 

                                      

The Desserts: 

"3 ball Sundae" 
*such a funny name hehe -- but easy to make -- just dump 3 scoops of icecream into a fancy-looking glass.... add herb decorations, like mint perhaps.

Chocolate cake

* so sexy

Shrimp Scampi

Yellowtail


No comments:

Post a Comment