Monday, August 29, 2011

Fiiiiiish chilling with Asparagus

Hi Angela. (Angela's my girlfriend). Here's what I had for dinner today....since you keep badgering me...Hope you're impressed by my skills...



SEXY SALMON SWIMMING IN SAKE....plus IMPECCABLY GRILLED ASPARAGUS!!!

* Now, the sexy salmon dish is cooked exactly the same way as in the previous posts...except this time, I marinated it for only 1 day instead of the usual 2. Why? Because I'm smart. Like stupid smart. But seriously, it's because I wanted to eat that dish today and couldn't wait the full two days for the dish to be cooked properly. I also grilled the fish with scallions this time...because I can...and because you can never have too many scallions.

Now for the Asparagus:
It's really very simple...even my 11 year old pug (Pucky) or my 6 year old pug (P.J.) can cook it...and they don't even have hands. They have paws...but then again, they're also STUPID SMART!

1) Grab your asparagus and season them with salt and pepper and, of course, the right amount of olive oil

2) Meanwhile, set your grill to 350 degrees F. (medium setting)

3) Once the grill reaches the desired zesty temperature, place the asparagus on the grill.

4) Every 5 minutes, toss them around (like a salad), shake them around (like a polaroid picture), or flip them around (like a burger) for a total of 20 minutes so all the sides of the asparagus are cooked evenly.

5) Remove the asparagus from the grill and take a giant whiff of the delicious aroma. Let that smell penetrate your nostrils and stimulate your parasympathetic system!

6) Celebrate (good times, cmon!) your wonderful accomplishment. Once again, you've exceeded all expectations and 1) cooked a delicious meal and 2) didn't burn your house down.

So yea, that was my dinner. Got my fiber and protein...plus some delicious scallions on the salmon to give it a nice texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment