Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back from my prolonged absence

Ok, I must admit. I've been a naughty, bad boy. I've been neglecting my blogging duties...and for that, I do apologize. But fear not, for I have returned to further share whatever crazy concoctions I think up with ya'll.

So I had to pick up me madre from the airport today, so suffice to say, I didn't have as much time to cook as I normally would have. Therefore, I utilized an age old recipe that my mom uses when she's pressed for time...and without further ado, I present:

GREASY CHICKEN!!!!! 
So as a youngling, this was my favorite dish in the whole wide world. Why? Because it's greasy (hence the name), is loaded with succulent spices, and...it's protein.

Ingredients (from left to right): Kroger's (or any grocery store) Chicken Drumsticks and "Shake 'N Bake Hot and Spicy" container

1) Read the directions as listed on the "Shake N' Bake" Box. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (what it states on the direction, I believe)

2) Release the chicken from its packaging.

3) Rinse the drumsticks (or whatever you're cooking) with water.

4) While the chicken is moist, place them two at a time into the bags provided by "Shake N' Bake.

5) Shake them....like a polaroid picture.

6) Remove the drumsticks from the bag and place them onto a baking sheet.

7) Place the chicken in the oven for as long as the directions state.


* I feel that the lighting really makes the chicken sparkle

Now I need some carbs to go with my chicken dish, so what better dish to pair with the "Greasy Chicken" than....
BERTOLLI'S SHRIM SCAMPI LINGUINNI 

1) Read the directions

2) Follow the directions

3) Enjoy the hell out of your linguini!!!



*THAT'S MY DINNER FOR TONIGHT. AREN'T YOU JEALOUS? I WOULD BE!!!

Now unfortunately, I was still hungry after finishing my meal, and I thought, "Hmm...I didn't eat any fiber today. I want to have an enjoyable, relaxable experience when I'm using the restroom...." So true to form, I went on a journey into my fridge to see if I had any frozen vegetables I could make myself...and sure enough, I found it. And it's by far the BEST FROZEN VEGETABLES I'VE EVER EATEN....

HEAVENLY VEGETABLES  


This is the packaging. It's called Birds Eye Steamfresh. It "perfectly cooks in the bag," so you know this product is legit. The veggies are a mixture of corn, carrots, and green beans. I normally am not a fan of green beans, but this company cooks them perfectly. So yea, tastes delicious, is time efficient, AND it's healthy...because remember, nutrition is important.

So yea, I do apologize again for my absence this past week...but hopefully I've more than made up for it with these three dishes. Adios, wo de peng you.

No comments:

Post a Comment