Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cooooorn....wrapped in a blanket

So today I decided that I would take my recent fondness of corn and change the game up a little bit. I'm taking my generic usual corn recipe and adding a little twist to it: i'm wrapping it in aluminum foil and adding chile peppers to it. Spicy! Muey Caliente!!!

Ingredients:
From left to right: "Fisher & Wieser" Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce and Hatch Sweet Chile (which can be bought conveniently at Whole Foods)

*not pictured: Corn, Aluminum Foil, Container to hold the Corn, olive oil

1) Cut your corn into 1/3s. The reason is so that it's easier for the corn to soak up the ingredients. Plus, I find it easier to handle/eat. Place them into a container. Pour the raspberry chipotle sauce into the container, along with olive oil and peppers, until it resembles the picture below:


* I lined the container with parchment paper. Also make sure you toss the corn around so every kernel gets saturated with the sauce.

2) Place the corn into aluminum foil and wrap the corn with it. The corn should look like they're being carried in a pouch...like a baby kangaroo.

* kinda resembles a chipotle burrito! yum!

3) Go outside. Locate your bbq grill, then heat the grill to medium heat. Throw the pouch on the grill (like it's hooot) for 15 minutes, then turn the pouch over for another 15 minutes and there you have it -- delicious as ever! (I did not take pics of grill cos it's 106 degrees outdoors. I prefer to stay inside while the  corn is grilling).

4) Open up the pouch and admire your succulent corns!

Wowzers! What a beautiful sight. I may just cry from the beauty I've just created!!! The sweetness of the chipotle sauce coupled with the heat of the peppers creates a harmonious union in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment