Sunday, January 22, 2012

Chinese New Year...in NYC!!!

Howdy folks! So I finally moved myself into New York. It's a great neighborhood...it's an old town, but it's a quaint, quiet town...something that I very much enjoy. My apartment is also very nice and spacious for New York. It's super clean, well furnished....and not too plain and boring!

Yesterday, I celebrated Chinese New Year....which meant having a delicious elaborate dinner! And yes, I did take pictures of the food:
dishes included: delicious steamed large mouth fish (it's illegal to serve!), eggplant, scrumptious lobster, egg plant, and "dou-miao" 
this picture includes: "gai-lan," peking duck!, sweet and sour chicken...and of course, the staple of every chinese cuisine: steamed rice! 

So now that I'm in New York, I will be blogging about my adapting to New York. Stay tuned for these exciting posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment