Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sexy Forman Grilled Tuna

After all my practice cooking sessions, I now have to deal with the brutal reality that I will not have fancy cooking utensils in NY. So I am modifying my tuna steaks recipe tonight .

1) Marinate them in mixture of rice wine and mirin ( I would have used sake, but Chinese rice wine will do. I hope NYC is civilized enough that a super chef from Texas can buy his ingredients in supermarkets).
2) So after work, I took the tuna out of the marinade ( they were marinating in the fridge for 7 hours, since I left for work this morning) -- and brush a light coat of black pepper sauce over them, together with a dash of olive oil.
 3) Next I check my brown rice cooking in the electric rice cooker that I will be bringing with me to NY. Boy is that thing really weird.
4) After preheating the Foreman grill to medium, I dunked the tuna steaks in, cooking them for approximately 6 minutes.


5) Voila. This is my yummy dinner!
* there's sauteed bak choy, my delicious rice-cooker chicken from last night, and the delicious tuna I jsut cooked.

Now I'm going to wash my cooker and grill and pack them away. I think I've gotten the gist of how to make them work for me. Yay me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment